I am a huge fan of word games, so I was super excited when I found this example of a Thanksgiving Boggle Game for Google Drive. They used a Presentation. I thought it would work just as well using a Google Drawing. The result is a fun activity that early finishers could work on for some fun word building practice.
I was easily able to fill up the table with words and could've used more space!
Here is how I created the game:
- Create a new Google Drawing.
- Right-Click or Control-Click the drawing to select a background color.
- Insert Word Art and add the word Boggle.
- Insert 2 tables. One you will fill with letters (3 x 3) and one you will leave empty for words (6 x 8).
- Use the Paint Bucket and Pencil buttons to change the color of the table. Set the size, font, and alignment of the text in the table.
- Click and Drag the sides of each table to resize.
- Insert text boxes for directions.
- Optional: Use the Research Tool to add an image or clipart if you are creating a themed Boggle Game!
These would also be a great printed activity if you have younger students who are not using Google Drive yet!