I love, love, love using Google Drawing! I find this tool is one many people don't even know exists in Google Drive. I love how easy it is to add and layout text, images, and shapes. One of my favorite ideas is so simple...it only involves Word Art and adding PNG images! Above, you can see a butterfly themed poster. Below I will show you how to make a food groups poster using Google Drawing.
1. Start by logging into your Google Drive. Click New, scroll down to more and over to choose Google Drawings.
2. When the drawing first opens, you will have a transparent background. You can change the color by Right-clicking or Control Clicking the backdrop.
3. Next, let's add some Word Art. Go to Insert-Word Art. A box will appear for you to enter a word in. Press enter when you are done.
4. While the word is selected, you can change the fill color, line color, and font. You can also click and drag the selection squares to make the word art bigger or smaller.
5. Let's add some images. Go to Tools-Research Tool. You can then search for images. Always add .png to the end of an image search if you want images with transparent backgrounds. Not every image will be transparent, but the majority will and it will make your poster look fantastic!
6. Finally, continue adding Word Art and images to fill the page.
You could also have students add sentences or other information. I was thinking of this project as more of a quick Word Cloud with images activity.
Do you use and love Google Drawings?!? Let me know if you have some fabulous ideas! Hopefully, this will be the start of more regular blogging on my part! ;)